Job File Lock - exclusive access

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

albasir
Participant

Job File Lock - exclusive access

Post by albasir »

Hi all,

I am using a server shared container in my parallel job.
my job aborted because of some reasons (look up failure)...after correcting this i tried to compile my job and i got the following error message

:CANNOT GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO EXECUTABLE FILE FOR JOB

another strange thing i found was shared container status was not reset after abortion of the job also. It is still showing as RUNNING status. i reset this and tried again and that also went in vain.

Suggest me how to get rid of this problem and to compile my job

Thanks
V'TH LUV
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One thing that can give this message is that the job is still open, in another Designer, or Manager or Director. Check whether this is the case.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
albasir
Participant

Post by albasir »

Hi ray

i checked that already...in that case i get the message " job is being accessed by another user".

This looks stange to me :(

Thanks
V'TH LUV
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then use LIST.READU command to find out what kind of lock is held, and by what process.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.