View data problem in Teradata Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

View data problem in Teradata Enterprise Stage

Post by Nagin »

Hi,
I am running a user defined SQL in Terdata Enterprise stage and writing it to a txt file. The same query is running fine and returning rows out side the datastage without any problems, but this job is aborting without returning any rows. Its aborting giving the following warning
7 sessions were requested, but only 2 will be created (2 per player for 1 players).Contents of phantom output file =>
1022 Segmentation Fault - core dumped

I tried to view data in the stage but its giving the same error
7 sessions were requested, but only 2 will be created (2 per player for 1 players).
Thanks for your help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to increase either the number of nodes in your configuration file or the number of sessions per player in your Teradata Enterprise stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

ray.wurlod wrote:You need to increase either the number of nodes in your configuration file or the number of sessions per player in your Teradata Enterprise stage.
How can I increase the number of sessions per player in the Teradata Enterprise stage?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There should be an optional property Sessions per Player in the DB Options folder.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

ray.wurlod wrote:There should be an optional property Sessions per Player in the DB Options folder.
I changed the number of sessions per player to 4, but I got an error saying maximum allowed is 2.

The error I was getting saying 7 sessions were requested , but only 6 will be created, 2 per player for 3 players.

So, I changed the DB options as suggested as sessionsperplayer=2, Requestedsessions=4, The error went away, but the job still did not return any data.

Now, since my system was allowing a maximum of 2 sessions per player and taking 3 players, Can I increase the number of players to 4, so that I can get 8 sessions?

Is the Requested sessions and number of players connected in anyway?
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

Is there a limit as of how big a user defined query can be in the Teradata Enterprise Stage?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm sure there is but you'd probably need to ask support to get the official answer as to the size of it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

How many Amps do you have on TD ? Try the following and if this doesnt work read the Enterprise guide and follow the formula:

session per player should be set to 3

requested session should be set to 12