ModifyStage::Possible range limitation.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

it can be done thro' transfer but given modify stage is lighter was using this
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's an alert, notifying you that a 255 character string may contain a number that is too large to load into a Decimal with precision less than 255.

You could try adding a NOWARN specification, but probably will end up adding a message handler to demote this particular alert to informational.

DataStage is trying to "do the right thing" by warning you.

Another (probably better) solution is to change the string to VarChar(38) (or whatever precision you've specified).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nripendra Chand »

I have also observed this issue in datastage. Transformer is the only stage which doesn't give this warning in implicit or explicit conversion. Other all stages give this datatype conversion warning.
-Nripendra Chand
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Actually another thing sort of off topic, why do you have a decimal without actually specifying any decimal places in the format? It should probably read something like [38,2] to allow for 2 decimal places?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Because of Oracle - blame Oracle bin Larry.

For example Integer maps into Oracle as NUMBER(38) which the rest of the world would understand as Decimal(38,0).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.