DSCAPIOp directory and shared Objects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mramak
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSCAPIOp directory and shared Objects

Post by mramak »

Could some one explain the relevance of the shared objects located in DSCAPIOp directory? I'm trying to write out an XML file by employing the XML output stage and my job fails with the following error message.

"Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "dscapiop"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers"?

I've already checked my PATH variables and I have included the directory location in my PATH variables. However the job seems to fail with the same error message. I would appreciate any assistance in this issue.

Thanks
DSX_MEMBER
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

PATH is the search list for commands. What you really need to check is the search list for shared libraries; depending on which UNIX you are using this is an environment variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mramak
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mramak »

This is a late response and the issue was fixed months back but I didn't get a chance to mark this post as resolved until now.

I found out that there was a discrepancy in my PATH variable value like Ray mentioned. I corrected the variable value and the job with the XML O/P stage completed successfully. Additionally, we have multiple environments and the operator.apt file in the environment I was testing this job didn't list the dscapiop entry. I had to manually enter "dscapiop dscapiop 1" in the operator.apt file.

Thanks
DSX_MEMBER