file comparision

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rajee
Participant

file comparision

Post by Rajee »

Hi,

Can anyone let me know the effecient way of file comparision through datastage.i need to compare two flat files based on a key column and output the records that are different in the compared files.

Thx,
Rajee
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please delete your duplicate post on this topic.

There are three possible stage types, comparable in terms of efficiency but subtly different in their method of operation. Sounds like you are interested in keeping both source records; that will affect your choice between Change Capture, Difference and Compare stages. Read the Parallel Job Developer's Guide chapters on these three stage types to learn how they differ in what they provide as output; it is that, primarily, that informs your choice of stage type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rajee
Participant

Post by Rajee »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please delete your duplicate post on this topic.
There are three possible stage types, comparable in terms of efficiency but subtly different in their method of operation. S ...

Sorry ray,the posts are different but the subject lines were same for both and has created discrepency.
Can you let me know the 3 possible stage types and their method of operation based on which I can decide which would be efficient for my job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Difference stage
Compare stage
Change Capture stage

There is a chapter on each in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide which I do not propose to reproduce here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.