Where to submit DataStage tools

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Where to submit DataStage tools

Post by ag_ram »

All,

We have created three tools in DataStage 7.5.1 in our project. They are,

1. ListJobParameters.dsx - List out all job parameters present in a server/parallel job and Job Sequence from an input DSX file. In detail, this DataStage Server Job will provide all the Job parameters components such as Parameter name, Prompt, Type, Default value and Help text.

2. ListFileNames.dsx - List out all file names present in any File group stage form an DSX file. In detail, this DataStage Server Job will pick up all file names mentioned in all File Group Stages in Server /Parallel such as Data Set, Sequential File, Look up File Set, File Set, Complex flat file and FTP file.
Note: the tool present in anotheritco.com lists out only Seq file and Hash file names present in the input DSX file.

3. ListJobAuditInfo.dsx - List all Job details in the jobs and sequencers present in the input DSX file. In detail, this DataStage Server Job will pick up all Stage names, Link names, Stage count, Link type, Stage type and Last modified Timestamp from the input file.

We are likely to submit these tools to any forum.
Please suggest me to submit these tools to any forum.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSXchange currently does not have an upload facility. You could, of course, post them on your own web site. Or you can post with attachments on IBM developerWorks

You mention only DSX files. I trust full documentation on how to use the same will also be posted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Thanks Ray,

Here is link for those tools,

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forum ... 7&tstart=0[/url]
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

Ram,

My List all files and tables used by jobs in a dsx file recognizes the files and tables in ALL DataStage Server stages, as well as in their user defined SQL. The lastest versions of my tool also recognize parallel sequential, fileset, dataset, lookup fileset, dynamic relational, and oracle stages.

Perhaps you are familiar with a VERY old version on my tool, but your review of my tool WRONG.
Editor

Re Opening reopening this post

Post by Editor »

This forum is about trying to keep information true by the wide and able persepective of it's members to keep it so. It has come to my attention that by marking a topic resolved, it assumes that all facts are in evidence. I have unresolved this post to allow those interested to finish their public discovery and dissemination.

On an ongoing basis, if anyone feels that the body of a post is not the true outcome, even if parties chose to differ on the final recommendation, I will always error on behalf of more than less. I am proud to say that I am RARELY asked to intervene, so I do believe the 'system' works.

Dennis James, Editor.
Editor

Re Opening reopening this post

Post by Editor »

This forum is about trying to keep information true by the wide and able persepective of it's members to keep it so. It has come to my attention that by marking a topic resolved, it assumes that all facts are in evidence. I have unresolved this post to allow those interested to finish their public discovery and dissemination.

On an ongoing basis, if anyone feels that the body of a post is not the true outcome, even if parties chose to differ on the final recommendation, I will always error on behalf of more than less. I am proud to say that I am RARELY asked to intervene, so I do believe the 'system' works.

Dennis James, Editor.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Hello chucksmith,

I have commented your previous version of your tool. When i posted a message at first (two months back), I did not come to know that your tools had been updated with some more functionalities.

Really regretting about having been an ignorant of your tools updates.

Absolutely nice to see those updates in your current version of your tool.