UCS-2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

thanks ray,

Before installing the chinese fonts in the server i was not able to view GB2312 but after installing the Chinese font I was able to view GB2312. But even choosing GB2312, im not able to import the metadata or view the data correctly.

Can anyone share the NLS map file or the dsenv config file (NLS Map part) will be easier for me to identify.....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You also need to have GB2312-CS map built and installed on the server. This is the map it uses for client-server communication.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

thanks ray,

Im not able to create GB2312-CS, as i also refered NLS guide.

Please provide some instructions on how to create the map or please provide sample file information on how to create for GB2312-CS.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

2ksaint - the chapter on "Creating new maps" has a step by step description of the actions you need to take in order to add a map.

Which step didn't work for you and what was the error message?
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

thanks andrw,

Im getting the following error message while trying to set client server map as GB2312

"Map 'GB2312" is unsuitable for client/server use - cannot convert the UniVerse mark character IM"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As noted earlier, the only maps suitable for client-server use have "-CS" suffixes to their names. Try MS936-CS (Simplified Chinese) or MS950-CS (Traditional Chinese) for client-server communication.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.