Error while Generate (Build)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while Generate (Build)

Post by SURA »

Hi,

I am trying to develop a stage using New Parallel State  Build. While I tried to Generate, I am getting the below error. I understood, the error belongs to input and output port. It will be very helpful, if anyone helps me to resolve this error.
Please let me know if there is any good doc for this (Help is not sufficient!!)

Operator Generation Failed

buildop -f -BC cxx -BL cxx -FN -C buildop -H buildop -O buildop -W buildop buildop/ReadSeqFile.opd

##E TBLD 000000 Subprocess command failed with exit status 512
##I TBLD 000008 cxx -IC:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/SampleJobs/buildop -IC:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/SampleJobs/buildop/bosource984-0.C -o /tmp/bosource984-0_s.o
##I TBLD 000000 Output from subprocess: bosource984-0.C(298) : error C2040: 'in0' : 'ReadSeqFile::runLocally::APT_Bop_input0Accessors &' differs in levels of indirection from 'ReadSeqFile::runLocally::APT_Bop_input0Accessors'
bosource984-0.C(298) : error C3861: 'in0': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
bosource984-0.C(299) : error C2040: 'out0' : 'ReadSeqFile::runLocally::APT_Bop_output0Accessors &' differs in levels of indirection from 'ReadSeqFile::runLocally::APT_Bop_output0Accessors'
bosource984-0.C(299) : error C386
##I TBLD 000000 Output from subprocess: 1: 'out0': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
bosource984-0.C(306) : error C3861: 'in0': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
bosource984-0.C(309) : error C3861: 'out0': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup

Thanks in advance.

Sura
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error while Generate (Build)

Post by SURA »

Hi,

Just i removed the input and output port and then Generated. I am getting the below messge.

Operator Generation Succeeded

buildop -f -BC cxx -BL cxx -FN -C buildop -H buildop -O buildop -W buildop buildop/ReadSeqFile.opd
register-library -verbose -registry buildop buildop/ReadSeqFile.dll

1 operators registered from ReadSeqFile

But when i tried to use the stage, i am getting the below error.

(40906) Unable to create the new object

Please help me to go further.

Thanks in advance.

Sura
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you assigning values to the out0 structure?

I would try to do a dummy BuildOp which just duplicates the input to the output and see if you can get that to compile and run.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

ArndW wrote:Are you assigning values to the out0 structure?

I would try to do a dummy BuildOp which just duplicates the input to the output and see if you can get that to compile and run. ...
Hi,

No, i am not assigning value to out0

Sura
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ok, then stick with the input.

The error is
##I TBLD 000000 Output from subprocess: bosource984-0.C(298) : error C2040: 'in0' : 'ReadSeqFile::runLocally::APT_Bop_input0Accessors &' differs in levels of indirection from 'ReadSeqFile::runLocally::APT_Bop_input0Accessors'
What is your input schema?