Non english server NLS configuration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Non english server NLS configuration

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi All,

I'm working with a server in Hungary and have a question for those of you that work with NLS enabled non english platforms.

We have problems with some of the hungarian special chars.

When I installed DS the default map was ISO8859-1 which is not Hungarian. To the best of my understanding Hungarian is ISO8859-2 (Latin-2) but there are so many places for the NLS configuration and I don't know which ones to change. for example the uvconfig, the administrator in the server/project level.
and what about PX jobs :?:

Some guiding will be appreciated .

Amos
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

Hi Amos,

Im currently facing the same issue (ours is chinese character) what you had on year 2005.

I think you had solved the issue.

Kindly provide information on configuing the Datastage files inorder to view the Chinese characters.

You help will be very helpfull for me to troubleshoot the issue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Parallel jobs don't use the same NLS maps as server jobs use. You have marked the job type as Parallel.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Do my eyes deceive me or is the original post about to turn 3 years old soon :shock:
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Always best to create your own post and then link to any similar post, especially if the one you found is old. That or at least click on the original poster's name then 'Find all posts' to see when the last time was they've posted.

Amos hasn't posted in almost a year and a half, for example. Better to just ask the community at large rather than one specific person. IMHO.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers