Problem with the Job Monitor

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fc_user
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fc_user »

This is happening only when I introduce an ODBC stage in my job. I have to capture the link information in an xml file for each job(DSJobReport). For this to happen I would need the job statistics to be shown in the director. Right now, an xml file with each link processing 0 rows is being created.
r_arora
Participant

Post by r_arora »

This is happening only when I introduce an ODBC stage in my job. If I work with sequential files, I am able to see the job statistics.I have to generate a xml file (DSJobReport) for every job and will need the no. of rows processed through each link. Right now I am getting 0 rows processed for each link in the xml file. Is there any other way to capture the link information in the xml file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is operator combination enabled? Try disabling it to see whether having separate operator per stage enables display of link row counts.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
r_arora
Participant

Post by r_arora »

I included a "Partition Table" option in my oracle stage and gave my source table name as the partition table name, and I can see the performance statistics now. Both the issues have nothing in common and they are independent yet including this option enabled the performance statistics. :o
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

lstsaur wrote:If you don't see that ports 13400 and 13401 are up and listening, that's why you wouldn't see perfomance statistics while running jobs.
Go to your Java directory of the ASBNode; issuse sh jobmoninit start $APT_ORCHHOME.
I am having this same problem about job monitoring

I am trying with this command in the following folder (I do have server in windows as well):

Code: Select all

C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\PXEngine\java
but I am getting following response:

Directory $APT_ORCHHOME/java does not exist
I then tried this command
sh jobmoninit start

But got another negative response:

A second argument must be supplied to this script when APT_ORCHHOME is
not set in your environment.
Directory /java does not exist.
Can you help and tell me how to get JobMonApp up again without restarting Datastage service? (the only method I do have now)

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

search, and check this also

viewtopic.php?t=119356