fatal error message 523 92

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

fatal error message 523 92

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Hi ,

Could any one suggest where to look in to resolve this error message as this error comes and goes any time..

Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasourcereturn code -1 from SQLConnect(handle, infousr, ****, infodev) with message 523 92
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Re: fatal error message 523 92

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

This error comes when i tried to connect to the database through ODBC stage.
And the userid and password are correct as it worked once.
G SHIVARANJANI wrote:Hi ,

Could any one suggest where to look in to resolve this error message as this error comes and goes any time..

Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasourcereturn code -1 from SQLConnect(handle, infousr, ****, infodev) with message 523 92
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SQLConnect is the ODBC API function that connects to a data source.

There is usually more useful information than that. Have you posted all the error/warning information that was logged?

In the Administrator client's command window, try using the test utility called DS_CONNECT to see whether you can connect to your data source from that. It will (should) give you more complete diagnostic information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Yes i have posted the whole error
It dint give any warning
ray.wurlod wrote:SQLConnect is the ODBC API function that connects to a data source.

There is usually more useful information than that. Have you posted all the error/warning information that was logged?

In the ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Did I understand that this is a sporadic error that does not happen every time? Also, which database are you connecting to via ODBC?