query data from netezza

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

query data from netezza

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
Till now I am able to insert some data into Netezza database. Just today I am trying to extract( query) some data from Netezza in DataStage. But I am getting following error.

(40822) The source stage does not support output links.

Please let me know the issue. I am even unable to output link also.

Thanks
Kavuri
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is your job design? Does the Netezza stage has only one output link and nothing else?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In particular what stage type are you using?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In particular what stage type are you using?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Extract data from Netezza table

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
I am using Netezza_Enterprise_7 stage.

I want to extract data from a Netezza Table and load into a flat file. I am unable to extract data from table. Even design itself is not permitting.

Thanks
Bhargava
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Consult the manual for the Netezza stage. Does it describe the stage as being able to read from, or only to write to, Netezza? If it does say you can read, it will also tell you how. Otherwise use an ODBC Enterprise stage.
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Thanks Ray,

I tried ODBC Enterprise stage. Its working. But able to connect to one Netezza box but not to other one ( I mean I am having 2 Netezza boxes or 2 Database servers both Netezza).
Similarly I checked from another Linux server to connect to both the Database servers, but unable to connect. Its not even giving warning messages.
I had posted the errors as a seperate topic.

Thanks
Bhargava
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

You need to set two different ODBC connections for two Netezza Boxes. Define two different DSN in odbc.ini file with connection information. That is how we are connecting to two Netezza Boxes.