scheduling 2parall jobs wit surogatekey 2 run at same time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RekhaMallam1
Participant

scheduling 2parall jobs wit surogatekey 2 run at same time

Post by RekhaMallam1 »

Iam scheduling 2 parallel jobs to run at sametime and both are using same surrogate key source which is already created.Iam trying with Db sequence and of type DB2 database...But when i run both of them at same time its throwing error and if i try same jobs individually they are working fine..

Plz let me whats is happending internally that both of them when scheduled for same time are throwing error...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What (exact) error message is logged?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RekhaMallam1
Participant

This was the error in both jobs when run at same time

Post by RekhaMallam1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:What (exact) error message is logged? ...
This was the warning
main_program: Failed to initialize job monitoring. Monitor information will not be generated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And ths was error:
Surrogate_Key_Generator_6,0: Error Idx = 5;
DB2Driver Embedded SQL message: SQL0553N An object cannot be created with the schema name "SYSTEM ".
SQLSTATE=42939
;
sqlcode = -553;
sqlstate = 42939
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information:
Contents of phantom output file
DataStage Job 549 Phantom 1524
writeSocket() returned 4
DataStage Phantom Finished....:?:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like you lack privilege to use the schema name SYSTEM. Try using a more appropriate schema (owner) name.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RekhaMallam1
Participant

Post by RekhaMallam1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Looks like you lack privilege to use the schema name SYSTEM. Try using a more appropriate schema (owner) name. ...

If i lack privilege then when i run only one job at once its not throwing error... :?: It has got excuted successfully..Why is that its throwing error whn i try to run both the jobs at same time....

Thanks for help....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK then, if it's not privileges, it's something in the database preventing one of the jobs from creating a new value in the sequence - get your DBA to help - this problem would probably occur if two simultaneous non-DataStage clients were also trying to use the same sequence.