Change capture

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sateeshbabu
Participant

Change capture

Post by sateeshbabu »

Hi,

I am getting the below warning on my oracle table,

When binding output interface field "stae_cd" to field "state_cd": Implicit conversion from source type "int32" to result type "int16": Possible range limitation.

Actually i am getting this stae_cd from sql server,From oracle we have a column called "FDR_CD" which is of Number (5,0),AND STATE_CD of sql server is smallint(5)

Based on oracle join query(FDR_CD AS stae_cd) we are trying to identify the new and updated records.I am using change capture stage to identify new records and updated records.

And getting one more warning on change capture as like Defaulting "Email_ID" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".

If i have to do it using modify how could i do this.

My oracle query is likethis

SELECT
FDR_CD AS SATE_CD,
(CASE INFO_ID WHEN 1 THEN EMAIL_ID END) AS OFF_Email_ID,
(CASE INFO_ID WHEN 0 THEN EMAIL_ID END) AS OFF_FAX_PHONE_NM,
NAME AS Officer_Nm
FROM
Table1, Table2 WHERE USER_ID = INFO_ID AND Table1.DIVISION_ID = Table2.DIVISION_ID

Could you please let me know how to rectify this.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

On which link the waring is appearing? On SQL or Oracle link? You would need to change the datatype of the both link accordingly.
What actions would take on Delete and New records? Coz either of the case, the one or other link will have Null value in the fields and the CC need to handle it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'