Fatal Error: [Open Link][ODBC][ProgressServ]Lock Table Full

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Hi,

While deleting records from a table of progress when i give a query:

the table Savedreport has millions of records...

DELETE
PUB.Savedreport
WHERE ( ADD_MONTHS(saveddate,6) < SYSDATE )

I get an error of :

Please suggest me a solution to resolve this issue.
Shivaranjani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is the lock table in Progress, not the lock table in DataStage. You can discern this by the square-bracketed entries in the message; [ODBC] is the ODBC driver manager and [ProgressServ] is the Progress database server. You need to find out why that lock table filled. DELETE is, of course, a transactional operation, so at read committed isolation level you take a lock on every record. You may need to issue more frequent COMMIT, or use a higher transaction isolation level.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Please suggest a solution...we cannot ask for increase in the lock table size ...its limited to 5000 records...

ray.wurlod wrote:This is the lock table in Progress, not the lock table in DataStage. You can discern this by the square-bracketed entries in the message; [ODBC] is the ODBC driver manager and [ProgressServ] is the P ...
Shivaranjani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suggested two solutions. You can get a premium membership which will allow you to read them.

Premium membership is one of the ways that DSXchange is funded. All revenue from premium memberships is devoted to defraying the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange. By taking premium membership you are helping to keep DSXchange alive, as well as deriving all the benefits of premium membership.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.