DSSetJobLimit in Job control tab.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tkbharani
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSSetJobLimit in Job control tab.

Post by tkbharani »

Dear All

I am trying to set row limit for a job. I am writing code in
Job(Job_UsingColumnGenerator) --> Job properties --> JobControl Tab.

Code:
-------
Job_handle=DSAttachJob("Job_UsingColumnGenerator",DSJ.ERRWARN)
LimitErr = DSSetJobLimit(Job_handle,DSJ.LIMITROWS,5)
Deterr = DSDetachJob(Job_handle)

My job keeps running and does not show any further errors or getting completed,I have to clean up job resource for killing it. Is it correct to do so.
Thanks, BK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You cannot change that limit from within the job itself, that needs to be done before the job is started.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are thinking like a server job developer.

For parallel jobs there is no way to set a row limit with the job compiled normally. If you compile the job in trace mode, only then can you set a row limit. And it's a row limit per node.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tkbharani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tkbharani »

Ok.

Is there a way to set ROW limit using API programs...or how to set row limit in Parallel jobs.
Thanks, BK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As stated, there is no way to set a row limit for a parallel job (unless it is compiled in trace mode, which carries its own penalties and is only intended for diagnostic purposes) without designing one in. For example you could compare the row number in a Transformer stage with a job parameter's value.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.