Delete Project from Command line

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shin0066
Premium Member
Premium Member

Delete Project from Command line

Post by shin0066 »

Hi,

I can see project from Unix command line in Projects path but not via Administrator.

Is there any way we can delete the project from Unix Command line? if so what is the command. please share.

Thx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DO NOT EVEN CONTEMPLATE DOING THAT

The project directory is only a part of the picture. It is also a database schema so there are system tables that refer to it.

What you really need to do will depend on what's preventing the Administrator from finding the project - probably one of the system tables UV.ACCOUNT or UV_SCHEMA. These are repaired differently. Get into TCL In the UV account execute the following commands.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM UV.ACCOUNT;

SELECT * FROM UV_SCHEMA;
Which one fails to mention your project, or refers to a wrong pathname?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shin0066
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shin0066 »

with those 2 SQL statements i can see the project which i am looking for and it is in correct project path.

here is what happened - I have a project called 'Project_A' on system-N and I created a Project_B on System-N and scp'ed all the components from other system - System-O's 'Project_A' to System-N's 'Project_B' ( which i created newly) and SCP went fine. Then using Admin i deleted 'Project_B' on System-N, but some how via Administrator on System-N i can't see both Project-A and Project-B but from $DSHOME I can see Project-B but not the Project-A.

With the sql commands you mentioned - when i ran them i can see only 'Project-A' (which should be as i did not deleted that project).

When I log to Admin i am getting following message and letting me in Admin but i am not able to see Project-A and Project-B (which i deleted).

Failed to connect to host: zzzz1122, project: Project-A
( The directory you are connecting to either is not a UV account or does not exist (39125))
suggest me how to fix this issue and bring Project-A successfully back.

Thx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a non-trivial process. The way that you set up the project (via copy commands) is so totally wrong. You may indeed be better off to delete the project directory then to clean up the system tables.

The basics of cleaning up after deleting a project are described in this paper but there is likely to be more needed, not least re-indexing the project.

You may be better off hiring a competent consultant to effect this recovery for you if you need to recover the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shin0066
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shin0066 »

Hi Ray,

I have another 5 project in projects directory , issue is only with one project. as per you do i need to delete all the project - perform the DELETE commands you mentioned in the paper or only for one project which i am having trouble?

Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to see which is giving you the problem.

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA /pathname/Project_A 
VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA /pathname/Project_B
VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA Project_A 
VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA Project_B 
See what errors you getting.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'