date conversion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shaonli
Participant

date conversion

Post by shaonli »

My i/p date is in the format yyyy-mm-dd.I want to convert in the format mmddyyyy.
Please suggest.Both the fields(i/p and o/p) datatype is Date.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Dates, as you would have learned had you conducted a search, do not have any format - they are stored in binary format.

Date format strings specify how to convert between dates and string representations thereof.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you are getting a "date" data type then the data is in internal binary form and the field actually has no format at all.
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

So is it not possible to convert in the format I specified if the o/p data type is DATE.Please clarify.
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

So is it not possible to convert in the format I specified if the o/p data type is DATE.Please clarify.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

A Date datatype has no format. How you display the Date column is dependant upon the display settings of your target system, that is where you need to look.