Parallel Jobs not compiling/running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

r_arora
Participant

Parallel Jobs not compiling/running

Post by r_arora »

Hello,

I cannot compile/run parallel jobs in datastage 8.0.1. I tried creating a server job and could compile/run it successfully. But when I try to compile a parallel job, it goes on endlessly eventually showing a "Not Responding" message. I cannot even view the data in an oracle stage. It just goes on endlessly.

Can anyone tell me a possible cause of this problem? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sounds like it is time to contact your support provider. Have you tried to create and compile a job with a transform stage as well? Does "View Data" on a sequential file work?
r_arora
Participant

Post by r_arora »

Yeah I tried compiling a simple parallel job..with an oracle stage, a transformer and then a sequential file. It never got compiled. But when I later removed the transformer from the job and kept the rest of the stages, my job got compiled. It's so weird. Is this problem only with the transformer stage?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The problem is that you do not have a properly installed/configured C++ compiler.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.