ISSUE WHILE CONNECTING ORACLE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mcs@rajesh
Participant

ISSUE WHILE CONNECTING ORACLE

Post by mcs@rajesh »

Hi all,

Whenever i am trying to connect an ORACLE stage in DataStage i am geting this mesasge "Local Server Missing".
I can understand that it is releated to server since am not technically good in these areas i can't resolve it so please guide me how to get rid of this issue.

Thank you
Rajesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Define what you mean by 'connect an ORACLE stage in DataStage'. Be specific.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mcs@rajesh
Participant

Post by mcs@rajesh »

I mean that i am using this stage as Target, but i found this is working fine when i am connecting through RDBMS.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

can you connect to that database using the same values for host,user,password with the sqlplus tool? Is your tnsnames correctly set and sourced?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It is 'working fine' when the RDBMS stage is set to what - Oracle? ODBC?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mcs@rajesh
Participant

Post by mcs@rajesh »

Well i can go ahead with the connection .
But am sorry i dont know what is tnsnames, Can u explain me that?
mcs@rajesh
Participant

Post by mcs@rajesh »

chulett wrote:It is 'working fine' when the RDBMS stage is set to what - Oracle? ODBC? ...
With Oracle.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to find a colleague conversant with Oracle client software. The tnsnames.ora is one of the fundamental Oracle client configuration files. Involve your Oracle DBA.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mcs_raja
Participant

Connection problem with oracle

Post by mcs_raja »

Hi Ray,

My Datastage PX 7.5 is in windows OS. Also installed Oracle 8i. Can able to connect oracle using Sql*Plus. But when i tried to connect using OracleEnterprise stage i am getting the below error.

##E TOSH 000205 18:17:10(004) <main_program> PATH search failure:
##E TOSH 000000 18:17:10(005) <main_program> Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "orchoracle": The specified module could not be found.
##E TOSH 000000 18:17:10(006) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
##E TCOS 000029 18:17:10(007) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED

By seeing this error i can understand some thing related to path.

Can any one help me what else i need to do to connect oracle.

Thanks in advance.
Raja
thanks & regards,

Raja
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any time you see "unable to load" anything, suspect your shared library search list (an environment variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH, depending on which operating system you're using).
You may also need to check your command search list (the PATH environment variable), since this was recommended in the error messages, and/or your CLASSPATH environment variable if using any Java-based components.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.