Insert not happening when the job is run through sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Insert not happening when the job is run through sequencer

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi All,

I'm inserting records into an Oracle table using Oracle Enterprise stage and the Write method is Upsert. I've mentioned the Update SQL and Insert SQL statements correctly. When I run the job records are getting inserted into the table successfully. But when I run the job through sequencer, records are not getting inserted. The director log shows 0 records inserted, 0 records updated, 3 records rejected. The sequencer is getting finished successfully, but no records are getting inserted. What could be the issue here. I would appreciate if anyone can help me out in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Sumesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

A job will not run differently when called directly or from a job sequence - unless you pass different parameter values. Could this be the case?
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

The paramters are correctly specified in the sequencer. Still I get the records not inserted into the table. What could be the cause?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Compare the director log entries for the parameters between the manual run and the job sequencer.

A job will not "know" that it was started from a job sequence so there should be absolutely no difference between runs.

Change your Oracle output stage to have a reject link and find out the reject reasons.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

sumesh.abraham wrote:The paramters are correctly specified in the sequencer.
How can/did you prove this?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.