Assigning values from file to paramter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Scope
Premium Member
Premium Member

Assigning values from file to paramter

Post by Scope »

hai

i have a parameter file. i want to pass values in parameter file to Job sequence paramters

eg:

file.txt
--------------------------
username:abc
password:xxx
----------------------------

i want to pass this username and password to job sequence parameters.
Kumarez
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Assigning values from file to paramter

Post by sud »

So, what's stopping you?
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Re: Assigning values from file to paramter

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

sud wrote:So, what's stopping you?

:lol:
santhu
Participant

Post by santhu »

Hi,

Storing and Retreiving user id / password and other sensitive credentials is not a good practice.

Work with your DataStage admin to have these database credentials setup as DataStage Environmental variables in DS Admin for the given project.

Once the above DS Env variables are setup, you can use those invoke those env variables in respective sequence / job with $PROJDEF as the default value so that it takes the value setup at the project level.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are several techniques for reading a parameter file. Searching DSXchange will reveal at least some of them. Remember that parameter values must be set before the job run request is issued, so you will need a job sequence or controlling job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.