Routine to replace Parameters with the Ones in a text file..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samratisking
Participant

Routine to replace Parameters with the Ones in a text file..

Post by samratisking »

Hi Friends,

I am running a Datastage server job. My requirement is something like, I have a job sequence which will combine all the server jobs(say some 3 jobs). I gave parameters in the sequence to replace the original parameters in the server jobs at the time of running. I want to give all these parameters in a text file ( say like username, password, database name, date, etc,..) so that at the time of running the sequence it has to read all these parameters and their corresponding values and replace them in parameter values so that i dont have to open the original job or change in every time by opening Datastage(I can open and change parameters while running coz I can understand what Im doing, But the problem is that other guys in my who are not aware of Datastage cant do this everytime.). So how can I achieve this???? Can I use routines or anything else??? If you suggest me to use routines or whatever please help me regarding the code and procedure.....

Thanks & Regards
Samrat
Samratisking
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

There is a separate forum for questions about server jobs. Please post your question there.

You would do well to Search the forum first, as this question has been answered in the past. You may get your answer sooner.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samratisking
Participant

Can you give me the link

Post by samratisking »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard.

There is a separate forum for questions about server jobs. Please post your question there.

You would do well to Search the forum first, as this question has been answered in the past. You may get your answer sooner.
Hi ray.wurlod,

I tried searching for this. I could not find this. Can you give me the page link for this answer.

Thankyou......
Samratisking