Surrogate Key Generator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Surrogate Key Generator

Post by BillB »

Hi,

While using Surrogate Key Generator which in turn invoking oracle data base sequence in job aborting with error

APT_CombinedOperatorController,2: Caught exception from runLocally(): APT_ParseError: Expected "," or "}", got: ".", line 1.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

Job design

Source (Data Set file) ----> Surrogate Key Generator -> Oracle table..

Shall appreciate suggestions...

Incase need more info pls let me know.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We do not even attempt diagnosis of errors thrown by APT_CombinedOperatorController.

Disable operator combination and reproduce the error, which will now be reported by the actual operator (stage) that generated it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

Ray,

How can we disable operator combination to reproduce the error.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can set APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION for project-wide or job-wide disablement, or you can disable any stage's combinability on the Advanced tab.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

Hi Ray,

As per your suggestion, made stage's combinability to "Don't combine"

re-ran the job and captured the error as below,

SG_EXCEPTION_INSTANCE: Error occurred during initializeFromArgs().

main_program: Incorrect -dboptions option list; failed on Expected "," or "}", got: ".", line 1.

main_program: Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So now you look at your database stage, in particular its dboptions property, and figure out what you've put in there to cause a syntax error - in particular there's a "." that was not expected to appear where it does appear, and where the expected character is "," or "}".

You may find it useful also to examine the generated OSH where the -dboptions property is highly evident.