Release Scratch

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

girija
Participant

Release Scratch

Post by girija »

Hi All,

How do I release the scratch space used by datastage.

For example I am using a remove duplicate stage to remove some duplicate row and for this I need to sort the input stream. When I am sorting the input stream, datastage use the scratch space for that ( 20 Million rows). But my requirement is after this remove duplicate stage I need to release the scratch space used by this sorting, because rest of my job not using this.

Is there any way to do it in datastage?
I don't know it, please help.
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

Try running the job with a small amount of data and see what happens to the sort scratch area.
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Does Remove Duplicates use much scratch space? I would have thought when the data was already sorted it would only need a small amount of scratch space. The Sort stage wont remove the scratch files until it has passed on all rows which will probably be just before the job finishes.
girija
Participant

Post by girija »

vmcburney wrote:Does Remove Duplicates use much scratch space? I would have thought when the data was already sorted it would only need a small amount of scratch space. The Sort stage wont remove the scratch files ...
No. The sort using expected scratch space, but I need to know is there any way around in datastage to remove/release the scratch space after this Remove Duplicate stage. Because we have couple of other sorting logic after this stage. I want to release the release/remove the scratch space used in this stage.

Thanks
Girija S
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

You can obviously do exclusive Unix commands to remove the scratch space if you have access to them. However, this might make your data unstable later down the stream.