how can we set the NLS_LANG using the datastage admin

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

singhald
Participant

how can we set the NLS_LANG using the datastage admin

Post by singhald »

Hi

I want to set the NLS_LANG -> AMERICAN.

Please suggest me the way to update it by using datastage
administrator client.

Regards
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

AMERICAN alone is not a valid value for NLS_LANG, but you'll find that out soon enough once you've set it.

In the Administrator client open the project properties for your project and, on the General tab, click the button captioned Environment. This will open the environment variables tree. Select the User-defined branch and add NLS_LANG to the grid, providing it with a default value, prompt text and a description.

Should you feed that you need the ability to override this on a per-job basis, load that environment variable into the job as a job parameter. Set the default value of the job parameter to $PROJDEF to have it pick up the default value from the Administrator, whatever that is at the time. You can override it when submitting the job to be run.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Premium membership will let you see the previous post in its entirety, as well as conferring a number of other benefits.

All revenue from premium memberships is devoted to defraying the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange. By signing up you are not only benefitting yourself, you are also helping to keep DSXchange alive.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.