Error connection oracle9i

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nexus2me
Participant

Error connection oracle9i

Post by nexus2me »

Hi all

i am try to connect oracle through datastage7.5x2 but not getting......

if i view data i got this error msg..........

##I TOSH 000002 19:01:25(000) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 19:01:25(001) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 19:01:25(002) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##W TDOR 000160 19:01:29(000) <main_program> An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG
>##F TFPM 000281 19:01:29(001) <main_program> Fatal Error: Caught unknown exception in main program: terminating.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

nexus2me - you have no idea how bothersome it is to see the EXACT same question posted almost weekly. Even though it would seem to be common sense to use the Search before posting a question like this it seems that many, including yourself in this case, do not do so.

The NLS_LANG environment variable is an Oracle one that should be set although it might not be used. Add this variable with an appropriate value to your dsenv file. Or look at one of the posts returned by doing a Search on "NLS_LANG is not set"

EDIT - I posted this message by mistake, after writing it I thought I deleted the first paragraph and replied. I won't modify the message to 'unsay' what I originally stated even though I might want to now.
nexus2me
Participant

Post by nexus2me »

How to set NLS_LANG Value to dsenv .......... can you help me........
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Since there is no dsenv file on a Windows server, you'll need to create it via the Administrator client.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can also set it system-wide using Control Panel > System > Advanced (Environment). This may require you to re-start Windows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.