ETL tool migration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrini9
Participant

ETL tool migration

Post by ysrini9 »

I required the information ,How to migrate From Informatica to Data Stage migration.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Normally I would have just stated "Hire competent DataStage consulting", but several days ago I heard that IBM/Ascential has a software tool that assists Informatica to DataStage (unsure of whether Server or PX/EE) conversions; this tool is not, as far as I know, for sale or use outside of IBM.
Last edited by ArndW on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, hire competent DataStage consulting. From IBM. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The conversion offering is indeed a service offering (the tool is not a generally available utility), but it isn't "just" costly consulting. It is based around a very cool and effective tool. It's been a long time in the making, and had its roots in conversions that we did for a large ERP vendor several years ago to win their business. Some things convert easily, while others are more complex, because the styles of development are different in the products, especially for the more esoteric types of transformation activity. So...the conversion utility provides an extensive "head start" for our team who "smooth out the rough edges" and finish/test the jobs. This isn't a "plug" per se; I am stating the facts. I've seen what the team is able to "technically" deliver with it. Whether it fits into a site's cost structure and needs is a whole other discussion.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Well its called DSMigrator but its an internal tool of IBM.Its not yet officially released.So you have to take IBM consulting help to do that.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We know, Ernie. Just still noting that it requires IBM to bring that particular gun to bear on your target, it's not something you can just request and get your hands on. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers