Installing SAS Package

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Scope
Premium Member
Premium Member

Installing SAS Package

Post by Scope »

We didn't Install SAS package at the time of PX Installation.It's possible to install SAS Package Alone.
Kumarez
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. The instructions accompany the software.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

No, you cannot install SAS package alone. Just back up your existing system; run the install from the top. Just wondering are you aware of that SAS Server must reside on the same box as your DataStage server.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

i had install ds 7.1.a in Aix box with db2 in it and while installing I didnt gave the sas auth code. now i need to install sas.

So from your point, I have to reinstall the ds after taking the backup and then enter the SAS auth code to work with SAS.

If we install DS we are able to find SAS component in the pallete. Will it work only after installing the SAS or we need to put the SAS authorisation (auth) code while installing.

And you also mean to say that SAS software also be installed on the same AIX server,, is that write.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I was thinking about licensing, rather than installing.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

thanks ray.

If I have SAS Authentication Code, is there any way, where i can just update the SAS code (Update Licence) so that I can work with SAS stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm not sure about 7.1 but in 7.5 you can change licensing on the Licensing tab in Administrator client.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

The only place that you can enter the SAS Authorization code is at the third prompt, asking you to enter RTI or SAS Intergartion code, during the installation.
Depends on how your company's SAS software contract, otherwise, you must install the SAS server on the same box as your DataStage server.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

thanks Istsaur,

we found that SAS software is installed on the AIX server and while installing the Datastage Server we, skipped the third propmt which will ask for SAS code as at the time of installation we thought that we dont need the SAS code.

Now we need to have the SAS component. So is there any other way were we can update the key.

As said by Ray, i checked with DS 7.5, in that version we can only update the key for Ds client and not the SAS codes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK so you can just re-run the server installation - it will go into maintenance mode and you can re-license then.

I believe it's also possible to (re-)license any component using the uvregen tool.

Code: Select all

uvregen authcode -s serial# -l limit -d expirydate
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Yes, you can re-license any components using -regen. But it's easier for user to re-license the components via GUI.

Just make sure back up your existing system before relicensing.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

thanks ray & Istsaur,

sorry for the delayed response. I will do this, once i succeed i will let you know guy.

Thanks for your all prompt response...

:)