Time Comparision

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykatneni2
Participant

Time Comparision

Post by vijaykatneni2 »

Hi,

How to we compare the source column timeStamp with current timeStamp.

For example i have the source column'ABC' which was updated in database 7:30PM.I am using this column as a target column,and i just want to compare this column time stamp in database with current datastage job time stamp whether it is morethan 2 hours or lessthan 2 hours.If it is morethan 2 hours and its not reached the specified conditions the datastage job should be able to send a e mail notification for the service personnel.

Thanks in advance,
Vijay Katneni.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How about you try to design it, and offer your ideas for comment? DSXchange is not a substitute for education or support.

For example, I am reading that you are wanting a job to monitor its own execution time, which means that you will be making this check - quite expensively - for every row processed. Is that your scenario?

There's probably a good argument for a strategy that monitors the job externally, whether from a job sequence or from a routine of some kind.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.