Fatal:Transfer doesnot have the output interface destination

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fatal:Transfer doesnot have the output interface destination

Post by ag_ram »

Hi
I am getting error Fatal:Transfer doesnot have the output interface destination. I have source as dataset and target as SQL server stage. Normally this job works fine. In the director we have only this error. No other information detected there. Can anyone suggest pointers to resolve it?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you add a copy or transform stage does the error go away? Can you do a "view data" on the dataset? Can you tell me where you got the SQL Server stage, I haven't seen that stage before and would like to use it as well.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ArndW wrote:If you add a copy or transform stage does the error go away? Can you do a "view data" on the dataset? Can you tell me where you got the SQL Server stage, I haven't seen that stage before and would like to use it as well.

Already there are copy, transform and lookup stages. If i view the data in source dataset there are 3 records as expected. I am using ODBC enterprise stage with SQL server as database.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ArndW wrote:If you add a copy or transform stage does the error go away? Can you do a "view data" on the dataset? Can you tell me where you got the SQL Server stage, I haven't seen that stage before and would like to use it as well.

Already there are copy, transform and lookup stages. If i view the data in source dataset there are 3 records as expected. I am using ODBC enterprise stage with SQL server as database.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is different from you first post, which indicated you only had 2 stages. Can you replace the output with a PEEK stage and see if the error goes away? If not, start removing stages until you get no error; that way you can narrow down the cause.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

I have recompiled and tested it. Now no error. But not able to find the real cause.