java pack

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

didn't realize when I first read this that you were getting the v8 error of jvm not found. The variables to locate the jvm aren't initialized correctly in v8.... Haven't been directly involved in an AIX scenario in awhile, but found this in some old notes:

For AIX, you want

DATASTAGE_JRE=/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre

and you DO NOT set DATASTAGE_JVM, and then you need to edit the dsenv file and make sure that $ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin/sovvm is in the LIBPATH before ANY of the other jre paths.

...something to try.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Already told him that Java_Home environment variable should be pointed to the /IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin directory. It's the same thing whether you want to set it to DATASTAGE_JRE.

Your job's problem is that java_transformer_stage (each Java stage creates its own jvm) simply unable to to create a jvm using tr4j.jar. It's not jvm not found problem. However, if the Java_Home environment variable is set corretly, then the jar executable in the /bin directory will be able to handle the tr4j.jar.
reddy12
Participant

Post by reddy12 »

What you need is the "java" in the /IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin directory to execute your Java job.

yes i have it in the specified folder...

from the forums i found that we have to create the environment variables..DATASTAGE_JRE =C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps
AND DATASTAGE_JVM=jre\bin\j9vm
now i see this error

Java_Transformer_3,0: Error: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = /usr/ibm/dstage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/tr4j.jar
ASCL-DSJNI-00011`:`JNIWrapper: load library failed: directory C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps /jre\bin\j9vm, name jvm
Could not load module C:/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps(/jre/bin/j9vm).
System error: No such file or directory

regards.