Copy Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copy Stage

Post by subrat »

Hi,

In Copy stage whats the difference if i keep the set Force option as True or False.

I have a Job where there are one input and two Output to copy stage. In this case shall i keep the Force option as True or False and why?

Thanks
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Copy Stage

Post by priyadarshikunal »

subrat wrote:Hi,

In Copy stage whats the difference if i keep the set Force option as True or False.

I have a Job where there are one input and two Output to copy stage. In this case shall i keep the Force option as True or False and why?

Thanks
Setting force option "True"
Specifies that Orchestrate cannot attempt to optimize the step by removing
the copy operator.
In some cases, Orchestrate can remove a copy operator if it determines that
the copy operator is unnecessary. However, your application may require the
copy operator to execute. In this case, you set the force option true.

Regards,
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by subrat »

In DS Manuals it says " If we keep the Datastage Force property option set as true then Datastage internaly optimize the job by removing copy operation." In my case.. i know i have two output from the copy stage. So isnt be good if i keep the Force option as False.

Thanks
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

If you are not doing any changes to the metadata i.e length, etc, then setting the force to "false" is will only make the code more optimized. But if you are doing any change to the meta data and the force is set to "false" then if there are any warning, debugging will be tough.

Gurus accept/deny?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not prove it either way? Run the job with Force set and not set, capturing and examining the Score. Which one has no copy operator? (Note that the Copy stage must be a straight-through copy (no changes) to be eligible to be optimized out.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by subrat »

ray.wurlod wrote:Why not prove it either way? Run the job with Force set and not set, capturing and examining the Score. Which one has no copy operator? (Note that the Copy stage must be a straight-through copy (no ...

For my scenario it s giving me the same output in both case.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

subrat wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:Why not prove it either way? Run the job with Force set and not set, capturing and examining the Score. Which one has no copy operator? (Note that the Copy stage must be a straight-through copy (no ...

For my scenario it s giving me the same output in both case.
Examining not only contains examining the out put
but the performance and the OSH Script is also there.

to see whether the datastage optimizes your code or not.

so try with single output too.

Regards,
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How did you capture the score? What was in the score in each case? Describe your job design and the corresponding score.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.