Deleted Category

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suresh_dsx
Participant

Deleted Category

Post by suresh_dsx »

Hi,
we created jobs under a category.
the category is deleted. We didnot take any back up. Please let me know how can we track who deleted the category?
and how we will revoke the code?

Please share with me if any one have solution.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The deleted code is permanently gone, there is no undelete. Unless you have a DSExport or UNIX level backup you will need to re-write the jobs.

You can go to the admin tool and issue the command "LIST DS_AUDIT WITH KEY LIKE ...{YourJobName}..." to get a list for a job which will tell you which userid and time the job was deleted.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use SQL if you prefer.

Code: Select all

SELECT PREVDTD, PREVDELETOR FROM DS_AUDIT WHERE INSTANCE = '<<Job name>>' AND CLASS = '2' ;
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suresh_dsx
Participant

Post by suresh_dsx »

THANKS FOR REPLY.

I TRIED IN THE ADMINSTRATOR COMMAND PROMPT

Command: LIST DS_AUDIT WITH KEY LIKE Jobname12

it is showing no records found.

I tired with
LIST DS_JOBS

Is is showing the present jobs. it is not showing previous jobs. as i checked in the Director->clean up resources-> i didnot find the process id.

How can i find the history from the command prompt in the adminstrator.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The three dots are part of the syntax. The job name is preceded (in the DS_AUDIT key) by a class identifier. The three dots are the wildcard in RetrieVe query language pattern matching. Or use the SQL that I posted earlier.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suresh_dsx
Participant

Post by suresh_dsx »

Thanks a lot.

i am able to see the exact time of deletion of the job.

Is it possible we can find the system ip,. beacuse we are using the same login user name for 10 members.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. What you are doing is not best practice (obviously). The IP address is only available while a particular user is logged in - it is not preserved in the DS_AUDIT table (which, I guess, expects that each user will have a separate login ID).