Modify stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Modify stage

Post by kollurianu »

Keeping and dropping columns , is there any shorcut instead of typing all the fields that needs to dropped or retained other than typing all field names next to KEEP or Drop KEYword.

Thanks all.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Modify stage

Post by sud »

kollurianu wrote:Keeping and dropping columns , is there any shorcut instead of typing all the fields that needs to dropped or retained other than typing all field names next to KEEP or Drop KEYword.

Thanks all.
No, however you can save the metadata from any stage and access the Table Definitions and copy column names out of the schema representation within the table Definitions you save.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

It's one of several reasons why I keep using Transformer instead of Modify stage. The cost of using Transformers have been vastly reduced over several versions, and is ideal for handling data automatically.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Teej wrote:It's one of several reasons why I keep using Transformer instead of Modify stage. The cost of using Transformers have been vastly reduced over several versions, and is ideal for handling data automatically.

Teej,

Yes The cost of using Transformers have been vastly reduced over several versions, and is ideal for handling data automatically

but that is still much more than using a modify stage.

Hence it is not always advisable to use transformer every time

Regards,
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: