Issue with Aggregating the timestamp filed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cparru
Participant

Issue with Aggregating the timestamp filed

Post by cparru »

I was trying to get the maximum value of a timestamp field in a file for later comparison. But while doing that the aggregator is trying to convert the max value to double datatype. How can i aggregate the timestamp value and map to the timestmp filed.

I need to get the maximum value of a TimeStamp filed in a file and pass it as is to the transformer.

here is the error i got -

Aggregator_83: Error when checking operator: When binding input interface field "COLUMN1" to field "COLUMN1": No default type conversion from type "timestamp" to type "dfloat".

Thanks in advance....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you search the forums for your error - No default type conversion from type "timestamp" to type "dfloat" - you'll find you're not the first person to ask this question. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

Plus:

Please read your DataStage documentations.

Not only will you find the answer in your documentations, you will also learn a lot more about how DataStage works.

It's there. Use it!
sureshabbisetti
Participant

Post by sureshabbisetti »

To Get the maximum timestamp, Use Sort stage and Remove duplicate stage.
Thanks & Regards
Suresh Kumar Abbisetti
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Issue with Aggregating the timestamp filed

Post by priyadarshikunal »

cparru wrote:I was trying to get the maximum value of a timestamp field in a file for later comparison. But while doing that the aggregator is trying to convert the max value to double datatype. How can i aggregate the timestamp value and map to the timestmp filed.

I need to get the maximum value of a TimeStamp filed in a file and pass it as is to the transformer.

here is the error i got -

Aggregator_83: Error when checking operator: When binding input interface field "COLUMN1" to field "COLUMN1": No default type conversion from type "timestamp" to type "dfloat".

Thanks in advance....

just check other properties of column used for aggregation

you will find preserve type

set this one to true

try to explore first

dont just post it

search button is also available :wink:

regards,
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: