Web Service

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Web Service

Post by ccatania »

Version EE 7.5.2

I'm trying to load through web services a xml page into 1 field defined as a varchar. This only works when the rec read limit is set to 400 records, anything greater fails-'field size too small', longvarchar fails as well. Does anyone know if this a default setting that can be changed or it is a limitation of DS.
I also tried using the APT_MAX_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE, which had the same results.

Thanks,

Charlie
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Web Service

Post by sud »

But if it is complaining about the field size, and given that xml documents can sometimes be very long, why dont you pump up the field length specified for the varchar field where you are getting the web service input and see?
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

Hi Sud,

Did that, no matter what varchar size-999999-is put in no more than 400 records can be loaded w/o and error.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

ccatania wrote:Hi Sud,

Did that, no matter what varchar size-999999-is put in no more than 400 records can be loaded w/o and error.
Ok, where are you specifying the record read limit by the way?
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

In the Job Properties numrecs_to_retrieve
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

ccatania wrote:In the Job Properties numrecs_to_retrieve
Wow, Charlie, see that's something specific to your job and you can't expect us to know. Now explain things in more detail. First of all, where is that parameter used? and how exactly does it control the length of the xml. Next and more importantly, at which stage (meaning, is it the web services stage or a transformer stage or where) are you getting the field length error. Also, why don't you copy and paste the exact error here.
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

Thanks for your help I got it to work.

I added the APT_MAX_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE to the job properties set it to 1 mb and did not specify any field length.

charlie