how to enable TRACING on parallel/server jobs individually?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavanns
Participant

how to enable TRACING on parallel/server jobs individually?

Post by pavanns »

HI.
I am interested in enhancing the tracability of the job. How do i do it. i know we can do it for the whole server in the admin, but how do we do it for single DS job or a Sequence.

thanks
pavan
pavan
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: how to enable TRACING on parallel/server jobs individual

Post by sud »

what kind of traceability are you talking about? Can you be specific?
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

He was talking about the 'Server side tracing' enabling on the Datastage administrator.
I guess there is no option to do it at the job/sequencer level.
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Parallel jobs can be compiled in trace mode, in which case all column values on all links are traced using Peek events in the log (hint: don't run very many rows!).

Active stages in server jobs can be traced via the Tracing tab on the Job Run Options dialog when submitting a job run request. There are four tracing options; the first three create a trace record in &PH& directory in the project, the fourth (statistics) creates a log entry.

Don't enable server side tracing unless support asks you to. It creates huge trace files (in &COMO& directory in the project) and degrades performance (e.g. throughput and client response times) noticeably.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.