Uncompress file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Uncompress file

Post by just4u_sharath »

I have an compressed file on Unix Box. Now i have to get the file onto datastage and do some processing on it. So first i have to uncompress the file and then do th processing. But how can i uncompress it using any stage. Expand stage does that when the file is on its input. Now through which stage i have to pull the compressed file and fed it to expand stage to uncompress. Sequential file is not reading the compressed file. Please help
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

WHY is Sequential File stage not reading the compressed file? What error message is generated? What record schema are you using?

Have you considered using a Filter command (uncompress filename.Z) in the Sequential File stage?
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shin0066
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shin0066 »

using external stage also you can read zip files..
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

In the sequential file stage, did you set the filter option?

If the file is mydatafile.Z, then it is compressed with the standard Unix compress. *.gz is the Gnu version using gzip.

filter = gzip -cd
or
filter = uncompress
or
filter = gunzip -cd

Brad.