Bulk loading of data from source to target

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harish_s_ampeo
Participant

Bulk loading of data from source to target

Post by harish_s_ampeo »

I have the source data.I have to load the complete data from source to target using the bulk load(manual).Everytime when we load, the previous data should be delete and then enter the complete new data.Using bulk load manual strategy I have to delete and insert the data into oracle table.

For this I have used two scenarios

1. I have used Oracle 7 Load. This one will replace the existing data with new data.This will create two files .ctl and .dat.The data is coming into the .dat file but i am unable to load the data into the ORACLE table.How to load the data from .dat file into the oracle table?

2. I have used Oracle OCI Load (8.1).In this I deleted the data from before job sub-routing ExecSH command.But the data should not be deleted until the new data comes.This will create two files .ctl and .dat.The data is coming into the .dat file but i am unable to load the data into the ORACLE table.How to load the data from .dat file into the oracle table?

Please help me regarding this.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can A) script a call to sqlldr to load either .dat file or B) switch #2 to Automatic mode.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

chulett wrote:B) switch #2 to Automatic mode.
Only if your DataStage and Oracle reside in the same box.
gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's a bad bit of documentation - it works fine with remote databases as well, we do this 'all the time'. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers