Partitioning information Needed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Partitioning information Needed

Post by ag_ram »

I have 2 keys to remove duplicate stage. It is partitioned and sorted on these 2 keys. The next stage is a transformer stage, where i have used a same partitioning. From remove duplicate stage to transformer stage I have not propagated one of the key.

Question: Will the records of previous partition will be there in the same partition after transformation stage? Or records may become haywire?

Please provide the comments.
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

If you need to drop a column, why not drop it using the transformer stage especially when you have one downstream?
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

I believe the answer will be:
Yes, the records of previous partition will be there in the same partition after transformation stage.
Raghavendra
Dare to dream and care to achieve ...
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

After transformation stage, I have alots of other stages. But I need to have those records in the same partition.

Can anyone confirm me, wheather these records be placed in same partition.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

As long as you explicitly declare "Same" partitioning, the data will be in the same partition.

There is also an option in some stages to utilize the prior sorting you have already done.