Not able to fetch the files from parameter file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamesh
Participant

Not able to fetch the files from parameter file

Post by kamesh »

Hi All,

I have a job "job1" which i want to run multiple instances in Job sequence, which has four job parameter. In that four parameter, one parameter is for SQL query to extract data from tera database.

For that i am using a shell script to invoke that job, the job is running using the shell script and reading the parameter file to use the parameters in the file, but it is not able to fetch the parameters from the parameter file.

Sometimes it fetch the parameters like path of target file and target file name, but not able fetch the parameter which has SQL query.

Can you please suggest me to resolve it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Too many "it" and not enough detail. How - precisely - does the script work? Does DataStage invoke the script or vice versa? How do you transfer values, once read, into the job parameters? What's different when the different behaviours are observed?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

In a shell script you need to add the correct syntax to the dsjob command to set a parameter. Do a search this has been covered a lot. So if you have:

ParamName=ParamValue

In a file then you still need to add -param in front of this if I remember correct.

MyParm=`grep jpFileName $ParamFile | head -1`

dsjob -param $MyParam $Project $Job

Something like that.
Mamu Kim