Problem with importing table definition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with importing table definition

Post by Raamc »

Hi all,
I have a problem in importing oracle table definiton. In oracle table one field is of datatype NUMBER(10), but when I import that into Datastage it is taking as BigInt. Beacuse of this data stage is taking wrong data. For example Im having value '-2525814614' in oracle table for this field but datastage is importing it as '-2147483648'. Pls help me out in handling this.

Thank u.
Thanks,
Raamc
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try importing it using the Orchestrate orchdbutil facility. This is known to be more accurate than other importers.

Import > Table Definitions > Orchestrate...
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raamc »

Thanks for your responce Ray. I have tried importing in tht way, but still Im getting it as BigInt. For field of datatype
NUMBER(10) in oracle table, datastage is importing as BigInt. But if the field is of NUMBER(11) the datastage is importing as Decimal(11).
Thanks,
Raamc
aschand
Participant

Post by aschand »

May be you have to change the datatype in table definition ... I think it is not able to take a large value
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then the only remedy is to edit the table definition after you've imported it. Add a comment in the Description field to alert other developers that you've had to do this, and why.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raamc »

Hi Ray,
I have tried tht also. If I change the table definition then Im getting the below warning when I try to view the table data -''Implicit conversion; from source type "int64" to result type "decimal[10,0]": Possible range limitation''.
Thanks,
Raamc