DB2 EE Config when DS on Linux, DB2 on AIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

StephenB
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 EE Config when DS on Linux, DB2 on AIX

Post by StephenB »

Hi,

I'm needing to perform a "sparse" lookup, and I've read that the DB2 Enterprise Edition is required (currently only DB2 UDB API is configured). The concern I've got is DataStage 8 is installed on Linux and DB2 8 is installed on a separate AIX machine.

Is there a way to get the DB2 Enterprise Connector working with this setup?

I've heard there is a way to make DataStage see the database as "local." Has anyone had success with this, and if so would it work in this situation?

Any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stephen
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

This is not allowed.

For Enterprise stages (not referring to ODBC stages), you MUST keep the operating systems the same.

Sorry. You will need to use ODBC (or the equivalent technology) to work in this type of environment.
StephenB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by StephenB »

Teej wrote:This is not allowed.

For Enterprise stages (not referring to ODBC stages), you MUST keep the operating systems the same.

Sorry. You will need to use ODBC (or the equivalent technology) to work in this type of environment.
Thanks, that helps.

Does the ODBC Enterprise Stage support "sparse" lookups?
- Stephen -
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

I have not tried it personally for 8.x, but I do not see why it shouldn't work.

Just make sure that your SQL statements allow for such queries (i.e. have a where clause for the key fields you're doing a lookup on.)