error in seq file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdv78
Participant

error in seq file

Post by dsdv78 »

Hi all,

My job source is sequential file and target is Dataset. Seq.file->Dataset..i want get all data from seq.file to Dataset.. then following warning i am getting.

Field"SEQUENCE"has import error and no default value;data;{'EXTR_OUT_NEEDS',22/11/2007},at offset 110 here (SEQUENCE is column name) and also i am getting Import warning at record 1, Import unsuccessful at record1.

Thanks
DSDV
Mayur Dongaonkar
Participant

Re: error in seq file

Post by Mayur Dongaonkar »

Check metadata and Final delimiter property of your sequence file stage.
Also try to do view data on Sequential file stage before running job.
Mayur Dongaonkar.
dsdv78
Participant

Post by dsdv78 »

Hi Mayur,

yes,in Seq.feile also i am unable to see meta data...then the following error displaying...
Imported only 4 out of 18 external characters into a ustring of fixed length4. Ignorning last 14 characters of externalustring up to delimiter

Mayur Dongaonkar wrote:Check metadata and Final delimiter property of your sequence file stage.
Thanks
DSDV
dsdv78
Participant

Post by dsdv78 »

Hi Mayur,

yes,in Seq.feile also i am unable to see meta data...then the following error displaying...
Imported only 4 out of 18 external characters into a ustring of fixed length4. Ignorning last 14 characters of externalustring up to delimiter

Mayur Dongaonkar wrote:Check metadata and Final delimiter property of your sequence file stage.
Thanks
DSDV
Nagasudheerkumar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagasudheerkumar »

May be you have given the lengths as wrong for example u have 18 width length but you are giving only 4 length character . check the lengths
dsdv78
Participant

Post by dsdv78 »

Hi Naga,

yes thats wrong in lenghts...now i corrected all those...

Thank you very much

Nagasudheerkumar wrote:May be you have given the lengths as wrong for example u have 18 width length but you are giving only 4 length character . check the lengths
DSDV
venbrk
Participant

Post by venbrk »

Hi,

First in which format the data is in? Like , if the data file is in unix , open and see it. Then set the format properties of the sequential file in data stage. And try to view the data.
As per your post, EXTR_OUT_NEEDS is the column name. Lenght must match the data lenght.
dsdv78
Participant

Post by dsdv78 »

Hi,

My self create the source file thats why those warnings coming...Now i solved...Thank you
venbrk wrote:Hi,

First in which format the data is in? Like , if the data file is in unix , open and see it. Then set the format properties of the sequential file in data stage. And try to view the data.
As per your post, EXTR_OUT_NEEDS is the column name. Lenght must match the data lenght.
DSDV
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then mark the post as Resolved, please.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers