How to write new stage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xjonny
Participant

How to write new stage?

Post by xjonny »

Hello all!

How can I write a new stage? Does anybody have a full manual for this purpose? How to create interface for it and so on... I didn't find anything interesting in preinstalled docs.

If you have any ideas (or better examples), please, help me.

Thanks in advance.
To avoid additional questions: yes, I need a new stage, not function.
IT happens...
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

What does your new stage try to accomplish?
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to write new stage?

Post by I_Server_Whale »

xjonny wrote:Hello all!

How can I write a new stage? To avoid additional questions: yes, I need a new stage, not function.
If you are trying to figure out on how to get started on building new stages, then start by right clicking on the "Stage Types" category and go to "New" ---> "Other" and select the type of stage (BuildOp, CustomOp or Wrapped).

Whale.[/code]
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Chapter 5 of the Parallel Job Advanced Developer's Guide is titled "Specifying Your Own Parallel Stages" and is, therefore, the reference for these three stage types.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xjonny
Participant

Re: How to write new stage?

Post by xjonny »

Thanks all! I'll try.
I wanted to add ELT (aka SQL transformation) functionality without splitting job into many.

If I find any "specials" - will post later.
IT happens...