XML Parsing job failing with - received signal SIGABRT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Parsing job failing with - received signal SIGABRT

Post by sjordery »

Hello All,

I have a job that up until today was running happily and producing the desired results. The job goes:

Seq File =====> XML_Input =====> Dataset
The sequential file contains the full path to the input XML document.

I ran the job today, with the same inputs, parameters etc as before, and it fell over with the following generic, vague messages:
xmlParseInput,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGABRT
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.
Has anyone seen this before (I was surprised that a forum search for SIGABRT only resulted in two hits)?

I am thinking that I might restart the DataStage engine and see if that helps...

Thanks
S
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Did it reproduce after restart?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

Hi Ernie,

Restarting in 10 mins, will post back and let you know.

Thanks for looking in.
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

Did it reproduce after restart?
Sadly, yes :?

Some more information...

The job uses a Sequential file as input and within that file is the full path and file name of the input XML. The file is declared as:

* Record Type=Impicit
* Field Delimiter=whitespace

The contents are
'/myFilepath/myInput.xml '

If I change the field delimiter value to 'none' and rerun, the SIGABRT message goes, but the job throws up parser reject message:
'xmlParseInput,0: Warning: GemXr10_ParseIdMasterNs.xmlParseInput: XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=/data/CTGdata/ID_Master/input/EntityMaster.Identification.1.2007-11-01-1340.2007-11-02-1340.Cumulative '
So, I edited the input file to remove the blank after the file name and re-ran. Same reject message (minus the blank):
'xmlParseInput,0: Warning: GemXr10_ParseIdMasterNs.xmlParseInput: XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=/data/CTGdata/ID_Master/input/EntityMaster.Identification.1.2007-11-01-1340.2007-11-02-1340.Cumulative'
If reading in XML using this technique (ie. text file containing filepath/filename) is there any definitive rule as to what format options should be specified?

Thanks
S
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Same story we've seen elsewhere, from a strategy perspective.

The Sequential file is very sensitive to what's in the file. Can't say for sure, but you issue (job that used to work) could be failing because of a particular document (if some byte or pattern is different inside of it, changing the variability).

Look elsewhere in here and find a thread that outlines how to use External Source, passing in the URL instead.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

External Source Stage worked perfectly - Ernie, you are a hero, thanks.

Cheers
S