I am getting an error while saving/compiling the jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venki
Participant

I am getting an error while saving/compiling the jobs

Post by venki »

Hi,
I am developing jobs in Parallel i.e 8.0.1.

I am getting an error while saving/Compiling the jobs, The Error message is

unable to save editserv.impl.jobdefnimpl@70b7225d

Any ideas, Please help me out..

Thanks in Advance

Venkat
venki
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This error relates to the repository storage of metadata that has been introduced at version 8. There isn't that much knowledge on those error "out here" yet.
Is this a new installation or have you been able to save/compile jobs before? What has changed between the time it worked and the time it stopped. Are there any jobs you can save and compile (server jobs, EE jobs with no transform stages)
The error might have something to do with access rights for the repository database user.
venki
Participant

Post by venki »

Before I didn't get any problem it was working fine.

Two days back ADMIN was created NEW PROJECT in that also we did two test jobs sucessfully. After that i am getting this problem in old and new project also.
Thanks in Advance...
Venkat
venki
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In that case almost certainly something has changed from the iis console with user access rights Have your admin check the users and roles.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Also have your admin check the credentials assigned to each user in Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.