Implicit conversion; from source type "int64" to r

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

uppalapati2003
Participant

Implicit conversion; from source type "int64" to r

Post by uppalapati2003 »

HI,

when i am loading data from emp table another table to another table with same structure using odbc as source and target stages,
i am getting the below error pls suggest me the same

APT_ODBC_Enterprise_21: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "CREDIT_LIMIT" to field "CREDIT_LIMIT": Implicit conversion; from source type "int64" to result type "string[max=10]":
Srini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are being alerted to the fact that not every int64 will fit in a 10 character string. The biggest int64 is 9223372036854775807, which has 19 characters (20 if you allow one for the sign).

Your output field needs to be a string of at least 20 characters to avoid this warning (alert message) from being generated.

If you perform the conversion in a Modify stage you can employ the NOWARN specification. You will find this in the Orchestrate Operators manual, in the Chapter on the modify operator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.