DataStage DB2 Enterprise Edition Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DWH-M
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage DB2 Enterprise Edition Error

Post by DWH-M »

Hi ,

I have problems in executing the parallel job which has DS EE edition which simply reads from the datastage and writes to a seq file. Am not able to view data from the EE stage. The job fails with the error message "main_program: Fatal Error: APT_DB2Utils::dbversion:unrecognized version string: `SQL09010'."

DataStage Environment :
IBM Websphere DataStage Enterprise Edition 7.5.2 server on AIX 5.3
Datastage client 7.5.x2 on Windows XP

Database DB2 Server v 9.1 on the same machine as Data Stage server on AIX 5.3

NOTE: I could connect to my local db using DB2 API Stage and view data and I could import Table definitions of the local db too. I also executed steps like executing db2setup.sh and db2grant.sh to configure the DS EE stage.

Please help
DWH-M
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DWH-M »

Just to add to this, I use only the Server and Data Base parameter in the properties of the EE stage.

thanks!
cnguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnguyen »

Just wondering if you found a solution. I ran into the same issue. We are using DB2 client v8 on the DataStage server and DB2 V9 on the database server.

We are able to use both ODBC and DB2/API to query from DB2 V9 but DB2 Enterprise stage aborted with the same error. My next attempt would be installing DB2 client V9 on the DataStage server.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may be that the DB2/UDB Enterprise stage supplied with version 7 DataStage is not equipped to recognize DB2 version 9 (for that is what it is complaining about). Contact your support provider to learn whether there is a patch or a new version of the stage type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cnguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnguyen »

Thanks Ray - IBM will be providing a patch. Will see if that would work.
Jayesh_09
Participant

Post by Jayesh_09 »

Hi CNGUYEN,

Did you manage to get DB2 EE stage working, if yes, is it possible to get the patch number please.

Many Thanks And Regards
Jay